We are very grateful to recognize the Victor A. Hoersch Elderly Services Trust as our Sponsor of the Month for their very generous support to several of our services for seniors. They made the following gifts:
- $1,250 for mileage reimbursement for Senior Transportation and Meals on Wheels volunteers
- $1,000 to RSVP will help us recruit experienced volunteers to serve at more than 90 non-profit organizations and groups in Champaign, Piatt, and Douglas counties.
- $1,500 to our emergency medical fund for people served by the Senior Resource Center
- $1,000 to provide in-home non-medical services to older adults
Thank you for keeping older adults safe, healthy, and involved in Champaign County!
Upcoming Events–Save the Dates:
2014 Self-Help Center Biennial ConferenceThe Forum @ Carle Foundation Hospital Urbana, IL 61801 Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:00 am – 3:30 pm For more information and to register please go to: Self-Help Conference or email: email@example.com or call: 217-352-0099, x-144
2014 RSVP Annual Volunteer Recognition LuncheonRound Barn Banquet Centre 1900 Round Barn Road, Champaign Monday, October 20, 2014 Registration begins at 11:15; lunch is served at noon No charge for RSVP volunteers; $15 for others Tickets can be purchased at the Stevick Senior Center, 48 Main St, Champaign
Healthy Aging Conference
For New and Seasoned Healthcare Providers
October 28, 2014The I Hotel/Conference Center 1900 S. First Street, Champaign, IL 8:30 am- 4:00 pm
Cost: $75 (includes lunch and CEU’s fees)
6 CEU’s available
Click this link for complete information and registration form.
Are you interested in learning about or being a local voice for senior issues? Then join us on the third Wednesday of each month at the Champaign Public Library. The library opens at 9 am and the meeting starts promptly at 9:09. This collaborative group is sponsored by Family Service and Health Alliance and provides timely topics, informed presenters, and networking opportunities each meeting.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be September 17, at 9:09 at the Champaign Public Library.
The Master’s Program in Geriatrics at Eastern Illinois UniversityWhat is it? Who’s it for? How to find out more? Jacquelyn Frank, PhD. Assistant Professor of Family and Consumer Science, Eastern Illinois University and Author
Plus–Dr. Frank is requesting your input to the planning of an online Master’s program in GeriatricsCall Rosanna McLain, Senior Resource Center Director, at 217-352-5100 or check out www.seniortaskforce.org for more information.
Schnuck’s will donate a percentage of what you spend each month to Family Service. How?
1. Register your Schnuck’s card with eScrip at www.escrip.com/schnuck’s (include all 12 numbers at the bottom) and select Family Service as the recipient. Our group # is 500044316.
2. Make sure your card is scanned every time you check out. This will earn you discounts on gasoline purchases too. Your donations do not reduce your gas discounts.
3. If you need a card or assistance with registering one, call Terry Goode, Development Director, at 352-0099. Thank you!