Family Service is pleased to recognize the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #17 as our April Sponsor of the Month for their ongoing generous support of our senior clients. They recently donated $500 to be used to provide medical assistance for older adults such as help with prescription costs and adaptive equipment. Those funds have given many people we serve life changing support over the years. Each December the Fraternal Order of Police have provided holiday food baskets for many people in our community as well. Thank you so much for your compassion.
Tax-Aide volunteers will be available to assist adults age 60 and older with simple tax preparation at no cost. Walk-ins are acceptable, but calling for an appointment is strongly encouraged to limit wait times.
Call 359-6500 Mon-Fri between 12-4 pm to schedule.
Appointments available on:Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri 9 am – 4 pm Tuesdays 12:30-4 pm Saturdays 9 am-12 pm
Tax-Aide volunteers will be available at these additional sites by appointment only:Mahomet Public Library 586-2611 Rantoul Recreation Center 893-0461 Community Plus Credit 893-8201 Union in Rantoul Allerton Library, Monticello 762-4676
Are you interested in learning about or being a local voice for senior issues? Then join us on the third Wednesday of each month at 9:00 am at Grace Church, 2004 Philo Road, Urbana, IL 61802 . This collaborative group is sponsored by Family Service and Health Alliance and provides timely topics, informed presenters, and networking opportunities each meeting.
Next meeting: Wednesday, April 15 at 9:00 am.
Call Rosanna McLain, Senior Resource Center Director, at 217-352-5100 or check out www.seniortaskforce.org for more information.
Family Service is a member of ALLIANCE
For the promotion of acceptance, inclusion & respect
We are pleased to partner with many other local groups to address the negative impact of stigma through the arts in order to stimulate dialogue about how stigma affects people who have disabilities, their loved ones, and our entire community. For details see www.facebook.com/allianceforAIR
Upcoming events promoted by ALLIANCE
- 17th Annual Roger Ebert’s Film Festival–Anti-Stigma Panel Discussion, Illini Union-April 18
- CU Autism Network’s Annual Autism Walk, April 19
- Premiere of “Who Stole my Hoo-to Foo-to Boo-to Bah?, Art Theater, April 21
Schnuck’s will donate a percentage of what you spend each month to Family Service. How?
1. Register your Schnuck’s card with eScrip at www.escrip.com/schnuck’s (include all 12 numbers at the bottom) and select Family Service as the recipient. Our group # is 500044316.
2. Make sure your card is scanned every time you check out. This will earn you discounts on gasoline purchases too. Your donations do not reduce your gas discounts.
3. If you need a card or assistance with registering one, call Terry Goode, Development Director, at 352-0099. Thank you!