Big Grove Tavern will generously donate a portion of all lunches sold between January 6-31, 2015 in support of our services. We encourage you to try their tasty cuisine.
Big Grove Tavern serves locally produced food and beverages; for more details on their support of our community check out their website. Many thanks to Big Grove for their generosity!
Family Service is very grateful for recent grants from the Ruth Hayward Masonic Fund in support of our Meals on Wheels and HomeCare services. Many, many thanks for your generous contributions of $12,000 to each program. You’re really making a difference for hundreds of seniors in our community.
This year we celebrate 50 years of Meals on Wheels in Champaign County. The support of the Ruth Hayward Masonic Fund has certainly been a huge support in making that happen for many years. Thank you for keeping older adults well fed and cared for in our community!
Thanks to the following for making it a great holiday and a happy New Year!
- Fraternal Order of Police for providing 82 holiday food baskets and volunteers for delivering them to older adults with need
- Members of Sinai Temple for delivering three Meals on Wheels routes everyday for three weeks in December to offer their Christian neighbors who normally deliver these routes through Church Women United a holiday break
- People who donated hygiene, cleaning, and laundry items for us to give to the older adults we serve
- All the people who donated handmade items to our Holiday Market which yielded $1,415 in sales to support our services
- Everyone who made a financial contribution to Family Service to support our mission; your gifts will continue to help the people we serve throughout this next year.
Tax-Aide volunteers will be available to assist adults age 60 and older with simple tax preparation at no cost. Walk-ins are acceptable, but calling for an appointment is strongly encouraged to limit wait times.
Call 359-6500 Mon-Fri between 12-4 pm to schedule.
Appointments available on:Mon, Weds, Thurs, Fri 9 am – 4 pm Tuesdays 12:30-4 pm Saturdays 9 am-12 pm
Tax-Aide volunteers will be available at these additional sites by appointment only:Mahomet Public Library 586-2611 Rantoul Recreation Center 893-0461 Community Plus Credit 893-8201 Union in Rantoul Allerton Library, Monticello 762-4676
Are you interested in learning about or being a local voice for senior issues? Then join us on the third Wednesday of each month at 9:00 am at Grace Church, 2004 Philo Road, Urbana, IL 61802 . This collaborative group is sponsored by Family Service and Health Alliance and provides timely topics, informed presenters, and networking opportunities each meeting.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be on Wednesday, January 21 at 9:00 am. Please note the new location at Grace Church, 2004 Philo Road in Urbana, IL.
Call Rosanna McLain, Senior Resource Center Director, at 217-352-5100 or check out www.seniortaskforce.org for more information.
Schnuck’s will donate a percentage of what you spend each month to Family Service. How?
1. Register your Schnuck’s card with eScrip at www.escrip.com/schnuck’s (include all 12 numbers at the bottom) and select Family Service as the recipient. Our group # is 500044316.
2. Make sure your card is scanned every time you check out. This will earn you discounts on gasoline purchases too. Your donations do not reduce your gas discounts.
3. If you need a card or assistance with registering one, call Terry Goode, Development Director, at 352-0099. Thank you!