We are happy to announce that Carle is our July Sponsor of the Month in grateful recognition of their recent contribution of $2,500 to Family Service Senior Transportation. These funds will provide older adults with a weekly ride for medical appointments, grocery shopping, going to the pharmacy, bank, or their attorney or even to volunteer. Demand for rides has more than quadrupled since they began making annual donations in 2006, so we really appreciate their continued support of this critical service.
Upcoming Events–Save the Dates:
2014 Self-Help Center Biennial ConferenceThe Forum @ Carle Foundation Hospital Urbana, IL 61801 Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
2014 RSVP Annual Volunteer Recognition Luncheon
***NEW LOCATION***The Holiday Inn 1003 N. Killarney St. Urbana, IL 61801
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Are you interested in learning about or being a local voice for senior issues? Then join us on the third Wednesday of each month at the Champaign Public Library. The library opens at 9 am and the meeting starts promptly at 9:09. This collaborative group is sponsored by Family Service and Health Alliance and provides timely topics, informed presenters, and networking opportunities each meeting.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be August 20, at 9:09 at the Champaign Public Library.
Note: There will be no July meeting as this is the Senior Task Force summer break.
Call Rosanna McLain, Senior Resource Center Director, at 217-352-5100 or check out www.seniortaskforce.org for more information.
Schnuck’s will donate a percentage of what you spend each month to Family Service. How?
1. Register your Schnuck’s card with eScrip at www.escrip.com/schnuck’s (include all 12 numbers at the bottom) and select Family Service as the recipient. Our group # is 500044316.
2. Make sure your card is scanned every time you check out. This will earn you discounts on gasoline purchases too. Your donations do not reduce your gas discounts.
3. If you need a card or assistance with registering one, call Terry Goode, Development Director, at 352-0099. Thank you!
Buy your garden seeds from Renee’s Garden Seeds and 25% of the order value will be donated to the Senior Resource Center.
Here’s how it works:
1. Go to reneesgarden.com. Choose from their wide selection of seeds for gourmet vegetables, cottage garden flowers, and culinary herbs.
2. Enter the code FR722B in the coupon code box on the check out page.
This is a year-round, ongoing fundraiser, so order regularly for spring, fall, and holiday gifts. Renee’s Garden will send a year-end check to Senior Resource Center at Family Service for 25% of all orders using this code. Thank you and enjoy gardening!