Who We Are
Family Service of Champaign County is a private, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1911, we are the oldest private social service agency in Champaign County and have provided continuous service to families and individuals for 100 years. Our mission is supporting people across the generations by providing quality human services.
Programs and Services
- Senior Resource Center: Provides comprehensive services to enable seniors to remain in their own homes, including Senior Counseling and Advocacy, Caregiver Support Services, HomeCare, Meals on Wheels and Senior Transportation.
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (R.S.V.P. ): Enables and supports seniors to provide volunteer service to schools, medical clinics, libraries and other non-profit organizations.
- First Call for Help: Provides information and referral to community human services and short-term, emergency material assistance to those in need.
- The Self-Help Center: Provides information and referral to a wide variety of mutual support groups and assists in the development and maintenance of support groups.
- Counseling: Provides individual, couple and family therapy on a sliding fee scale.
- Children First: Educates divorcing parents on the impact of divorce on children and helps them develop resources and new ways to relate to each other and their children.
Family Service is a 501( c)(3) charitable organization with an annual budget of $1.7 million. Our funders include: Age Options; BankChampaign; Carle, Champaign County; Champaign County Mental Health Board; City of Urbana/Cunningham Township; Community Foundation of East Central Illinois, Corporation for National and Community Service; East Central Illinois Area Agency on Aging; Kraft; Illinois Department of Children and Family Services; Illinois Department on Aging; Illinois General Revenue Fund; Orange Krush; Ruth Hayward Masonic Fund; Stevick Foundation; Title III, Title XX, United Way of Champaign County; Victor A. Hoersch Elderly Services Trust; Village of Rantoul. We also rely on the generous support of our donors to make our services possible.
Family Service Board of Directors
|Randall H. Green, President||Meyer Capel Law Offices|
|Abbie Broga, Vice-President||Community Representative|
|Christopher M. Randles, Treasurer||Parkland College|
|Patrick Harness, Secretary||Health Alliance Medicare|
|Candy Branigan||Community Representative|
|Elizabeth Cook||University of Illinois|
|Lisa Gumbel||Christie Clinic|
|Becky Hicks||Human Kinetics|
|Bob Holbrook||Christie Clinic|
|Todd Jacob||State Farm Insurance|
|Beverly Kudeki||Freelance Graphic Designer|
|Alicia Lowery||University of Illinois|
|Heather Tucker||Fox Development, Corp.|
To receive a copy of our Annual Report or our Annual Financial Audit, contact executive director Sheryl Bautch at (217) 352-0099 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 2011 Annual Report is available for download in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. Family Service 2011 Annual Report